Transfer Credit

Waldorf allows for the transfer of up to 75 percent of undergraduate course credit and up to 50 percent of graduate course credit.

Credits from other accredited institutions of higher learning will be evaluated according to the nature and quality of work presented as judged by the registrar. Generally, courses comparable to Waldorf courses and successfully completed with grades of “C” or better will be considered for transfer and applied toward graduation requirements.

Students who have earned an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited community college will have their degree considered for meeting all core requirements with the exception of a lower-division religion course and an upper-division religion course, and any specific courses required by the individual major area of study.

Up to 16 vocational-technical credits will be accepted if a student has completed the Associate in Arts Degree. Up to eight vocational-technical credits will be accepted if a student has an AAS degree, an AS degree, an ASB degree or no degree. Students must have at least 32 Waldorf credit hours for an AA, and at least 40 Waldorf credit hours for a BA/BS degree, excluding internships and student teaching. Student teaching and at least one internship must be done through Waldorf.

Grade points earned at other institutions are generally not included in computing the grade point average at Waldorf and are not used in computing academic honors.

Professional Licenses, Certificates and Training Programs

Waldorf considers guidelines established by the American Council on Education (ACE) to determine if certain training programs, certificates, professional licenses and/or military training warrant awarding academic credit.

Transfer Credit by Examination

Waldorf accepts credit by examination from the following:

  • Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
  • The College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Transcript Request Service - Online Programs Only

Waldorf offers a transcript request service will contact the prior colleges and/or universities the applicant has attended to secure all transcripts needed. Two forms must be completed and signed in order to process the request.

The request for official transcript form is sent to each individual college to process the transcript request; the payment form is kept at Waldorf for processing. Waldorf is unable to process the request without both signed forms being submitted.